You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2015 6:09 pm  #1

Gen 4 Ram 1500 w/392 Stroker buildout - need a good tuner's help

Shop who did the build could not resolve an issue with a non-linear throttle response using Diablo Trinity and they have an in house dyno.  Good shop, but left me in the lurch so to speak.  I'm looking for anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone that may help.

4/21/2015 6:17 pm  #2

Re: Gen 4 Ram 1500 w/392 Stroker buildout - need a good tuner's help

Just some details on this...was a 2009 5.7L, all hardened stroker kit from SCAT, 6.4 ported heads from a 2011 Challenger, mild Comp Cam .576 lift....planning on future 14+ psi boost, 9.5:1 compression, ARH long tubes with crossover and dual 19" Magna flow in-line out to duals all 3" from headers back.  Getting 407HP RWHP, but when accelerator has no response on throttle plate position between roughly 25-60% pedal position...then it goes to uncontrollable wide open throttle.  You can imagine what the transmission is thinking....it's kind annoying to drive with any fun....and passing is always a drama seen on the highway....it's either slacking...or roaring....

Tuner I used believes it's in the tables, but he can't figure it out.

4/21/2015 6:20 pm  #3

And a final note....just so I can have my first three posts so I can send an email to a member (sorry), is that this is a VVT motor and Comp Cam assured it's a custom grind compatible with it.  I mean it runs pretty good...strong high end....just this annoying loss of throttle control in the mid-pedal postions.

4/22/2015 11:13 am  #4

Have you checked with Speedtek? One of the club sponsors.

4/24/2015 9:08 am  #5

Gosh can't think of his full name or site But Brian..Bryan.. (think that's his name lol) can prob fix you up.
I'd suggest calling Kevin Cooder at Alan Sumuels N. Loop, pretty sure he got all his contact info and can hellp get you in touch with him.  Think he was one of the first ones to crack the codes locally.

edit
Tuner I'm thinking of is Brain Sailor 214 529 3951
Give him a call

Last edited by RandTx (4/24/2015 10:29 am)

9/08/2015 4:58 pm  #6

Yes give Brian a call. He no longer has a dyno but I'm sure he knows where he can rent one from. He tuned my 2005 Ram about 4 years ago and the tune has not needed to be changed since even after an engine rebuild everything is spot on. There is also another company that used to do email tunes that was very good called R&D I think. I will see if I can fine one of the old emails with thier contact info.

Board footera