You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2016 5:19 pm  #1

727 Trans Shop

I am looking for a good trans shop in the DFW area. I installed a 318 with a mild cam. form a 1979 Dodge Aspen in a 1979 Dodge Magnum. The 318 had a short shaft 727, The magnum needs a long shaft 727. I have a 727 I think was removed from a truck, Has a 1" hole in the top of the bel housing was told "if it has a hole it was from a truck". I need a tork converter and flex plate, Need to talk to someone so I know what I need. Can anyone recommend anyone


1/12/2016 1:40 pm  #2

Re: 727 Trans Shop

You can use the original 318 flex plate and torque converter. The fact the trans came from a truck means nothing as long as it was a small block. Unless it's a lockup trans. If the splines on the input shaft go all the way to the tip it's a nonlockup. If the end of the shaft has a smopoth area in front of the splines it's a lockup and it takes a different converter. What year truck did it come from?


Board footera


Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum