You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2011 3:09 pm  #1

Need more power than the weedeater...

Came to the dyno this weekend and left with my tail between my legs.  True enough that I failed to tune up or do anything above putting the car back together after almost a year of being apart, I had never run on a dyno and since the car was only driven locally in the last 7 years she really had no test to work off of rather than a left ear timing set on old plugs and wires.  Still on the dyno she would not exceed 4100 rpms and spark and mixture fell apart.  Inside story, 5 different types of plugs in the block, old plug wires from many years back, and a distributer that I put together from 4 others I had in a box.  I Guess it is amazing it even made it to HEB from Decatur.  But I really am not afraid to drive it at all.  Go Figure.    Anyway I am getting conflicting answers on the resistance that the plug wires should have on the ohms readout.  All of the wires read between 6.78 and 8.2  which some of the chiltons I have read say is acceptable, however the new ACCEL wires I bought along with plugs cap and rotor yesterday are .1 or less on resistance.  Less is more right?

A Bodies Forever

5/10/2011 11:40 am  #2

Re: Need more power than the weedeater...

Less resistance means more spark and that is a good thing. 

5/10/2011 12:32 pm  #3

Got everything put together last night and easily can push 6k on rpm's.  Sounds much stronger will road test this evening if weather holds out.  Thanks

A Bodies Forever

5/24/2011 11:02 am  #4

just because you have an old car doesn't mean you should fill it with old parts.

5/24/2011 11:04 am  #5

just because you have an old car doesn't mean you should fill it with old parts.

7/10/2011 8:37 am  #6

Do you by chance have a video of your car on the dyno?

"I would turbo charge it so it can reach full blown AIDS"

'98 Dodge Neon "Lagzila" Under the knife!, '99 Dodge Neon R/T, '10 Dodge Caravan

Board footera